At Dixie Mechanical, our Project Managers are responsible for the overall execution of the fabrication project including budgeting, coordination, scheduling, customer relations, purchasing and vendor relations, and management of any subcontractors.
Our Project Managers ensure that all fabrication is in accordance with all ASME and client procedures and specifications, while working closely with our Quality and Safety Managers.
Some essential functions of a Project Manager include:
- Attending project kick-off meeting with client.
- Creating and maintaining a good working relationship with the client.
- Establish the project budget.
- Coordinate material procurement and subcontract purchase orders.
- Review the estimate against the drawings, scope and specifications.
- Generate change order requests as needed.
- Manage all RFIs.
- Communicate project specifications and contract terms to shop personnel.
- Review all drawings for release to shop.
- Manage subcontracts such as painting, inspection, testing, etc.
- Responsible for completing documentation requirements both initial submittals and final data packages.
- Communicate project status with clients, internal and external.
- Review and approve invoices.
Required Qualifications and Core Competencies include:
- Capable of working both independently and as part of a team.
- General understanding of Microsoft Excel with the ability to create spreadsheets.
- Engineering or construction management degree, or equivalent technical training.
- Understands the importance of attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, both Isometric and 2-D.
- Ability to read and comprehend project specifications, understanding contractual terms and conditions.
- Some experience preparing estimates and proposals.
- Good time management with the ability to prioritize multiple work tasks.
- Works well under time sensitive deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in both written and oral communication.
- Microsoft Word, Outlook and Project.
- Motivated to learn, not afraid of challenges.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to a team environment.